Horticultural pumice is a solidified foam that is formed from lava. It is an inorganic material that is odourless, does not break down, decompose, rot, and does not attract bugs. It is very porous and rough in texture making it a great material to use when growing cacti and succulents!
- Greatly improves airflow through the substrate
- Increases water retention in sandy substrates
- Pores help store needed nutrients from watering
- Helps prevent soil compaction so that moisture can be distributed evenly throughout the soil
- Provides plenty of grit which helps to promote strong root development
- Best when added to cacti or succulent substrates for optimal moisture retention and drainage
- Add to sandy substrates to improve water retention
- Add to clayey soil to improve airflow and to prevent compaction
Medium: 1L bag
Large: 3L bag
Item added to your cart
14 Day Happiness Guarantee
If your plant babies don't arrive safely, we'll make it right.
Free Shipping Over $100
We ship across Canada, and it's always free over $100.
Extra Care in the Winter
We take extra care shipping during winter with free heat packs.
Direct From Our Greenhouse
From our greenhouse to your door - no middleman involved!
Reducing Our Carbon Footprint
For each purchase you make, we'll plant a tree on your behalf.